Basic Fluid Mechanics:
Conservation laws: Mass, momentum (Integral and differential form);
Potential flow theory: sources, sinks, doublets, line vortex and their superposition; Viscosity, Reynolds number.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics The Basics With Applications by J.D.Anderson (Chapter 2 – The governing equations of fluid dynamics )
- Fluid Mechanics by Pijush K.Kundu, Ira M. Cohen (Chapter 5 – Vorticity dynamics (bit tough but worth it) and chapter 6 – Irrotational flow)
- Fluid mechanics by Frank.M.White (Chapter 8 – Potential Flow)
Airfoils and wings:
Airfoil nomenclature; Aerodynamic coefficients: lift, drag and moment; Kutta-Joukoswki theorem; Thin airfoil theory, Kutta condition, starting vortex; Finite wing theory: Induced drag, Prandtl lifting line theory; Critical and drag divergence Mach number.
- Fundamentals of Aerodynamics by John D. Anderson (Easy to read, self learning is possible)
- Aerodynamics by clancy (Medium)
- Aerodynamics for Engineering Students by E. L. Houghton, P. W. Carpenter (Tough)
Basic concepts of compressibility, Conservation equations; One dimensional compressible flows, Fanno flow, Rayleigh flow; Isentropic flows, normal and oblique shocks, Prandtl-Meyer flow; Flow through nozzles and diffusers.
- Modern compressible flow by J.D.Anderson (Best book for beginners)
- Aerodynamics by clancy (Unique topics available)
- Gas dynamics by E.Radhakrishnan (good for numerical problems)
Elementary ideas of viscous flows including boundary layers; Wind Tunnel Testing: Measurement and visualisation techniques.